Quarantine Cannabis Pancakes with Simmy JassalLOTUS TORONTO
Looking for something fun, easy, and involving Cannabis while in quarantine? Here is the perfect opportunity to make some delicious edibles that will satisfy your taste buds, and make you feel higher than the sky. Inspired by Toronto’s own Mildred’s Temple Kitchen famous blueberry pancake recipe, this is a stoner’s take on breakfast.
Lotus Toronto took the time to speak to Simmy Jassal, Owner and Head Pastry Chef from Toronto (Instagram: @wakeandbakeeats @wakeandbake_sj ) in order to get our hands on her famous buttermilk pancake recipe. As a cannabis enthusiast, Simmy swears by this recipe and claims “These pancakes aren’t just easy to make but the best pancakes we’ve ever had. ???? ????”
If that doesn’t sound appetizing, then we don’t know what will. Start off your day with some delicious edible breakfast pancakes!
What do you need to make this delicious Recipe? Simple! All details will be listed below:
Famous Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Pancakes
Recipe (~12 pancakes)
- ¼ cup of white sugar
- ½ tsp of salt
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 ¼ tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- ¼ cup of melted unsalted cannabutter, or cannabis MCT oil (if you want to avoid THC, you can use our CBD oil instead)
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (milk. dark. or semi-sweet. As per choice.) *optional
- And some extra unsalted butter on hand to grease the skillet
- Add some extra unsalted butter on hand to grease the skillet -Add all dry ingredients into the bowl (sugar, salt, flour, baking powder, baking soda) & whisk.
- In another bowl whisk wet ingredients (eggs, buttermilk, cannabutter/oil) and whisk lightly with spatula.
- Apply both dry and wet ingredients together and whisk lightly. (DO NOT OVER MIX BATTER)
- Grab a nonstick pan, and melt butter on medium high heat.
- Ladle in some batter + sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
- When bubbles appear on surface of pancake & around the edges flip (About 2-3 mins on each side)
- Garnish with anything you have on hand: Blueberry Compote, Maple Syrup, Icing Sugar, Whipped Cream, Ganache, Nutella or anything sweet
- Cover your pan with a lid while it cooks on each side which makes them soft & cooked evenly
- Don’t have buttermilk? Replace with 2 cups milk + 2 tsp Cream of Tarter
- Replace chocolate chips with blueberries, or anything your heart desires
- Lumps are good in this recipe so DON’T OVER MIX
- CAUTION: Edibles affect everyone differently – please use cannabutter/cannabis oil sparingly when cooking, and do not operate any heavy machinery after digesting cannabis.
We hope you enjoy making this recipe, and would love to know of any others you would like us to post! Send us your pancake pictures at email@example.com, or leave a comment below letting us know how it turned out.